Tuesday, February 17, 2009

after shooting write-up

After shooting, I can definitely conclude that using a complex narrative with five actors was too ambitious for a first assignment. Multiple times, I considered abandoning the project but I knew afterwards, I would be left with nothing. Shooting at Tops went much differently than I had originally predicted. Although I would like to say it went well because the staff working there were very obedient and complying, I had many complications in other areas. The batteries had not been charged by the previous user and outlets were hard to find. The previous user had also changed the display setting and I didn't want to keep my actors waiting while I fiddled with it. Therefore, I couldn't see the sound meter for the boom so I only used it in half of the shots at Tops. I had also forgot my tape at home which delayed the process even more.

Before shooting, I was extremely nervous about how the workers at Tops would react, especially on a Friday afternoon. After all that, I now know how kind the workers were and I would feel completely comfortable going back if I needed too.

I also shot scenes in the car which I learned were really fun. Sitting in the back seat of my own moving car with the T-tops off was somewhat relaxing. I also enjoyed the intimate space with my actors. My angles were limited which I found kind of relieving. I have yet to shoot the scooter scenes which I'm sure will be much more of a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment